Hot Stuff Chili (Makes 8 Servings)
Here’s another great recipe that will make your meal planning easy, and save you in a pinch! This recipe makes 8 servings; make one or more batches and throw the extra in single serving containers. Take one for lunch or use it as the back up dinner plan on those days when you just aren’t feeling like cooking. This is a BONUS recipe from “Eating for LIfe”, available at Spartan Fit Center, if you like this recipe, stop in and pick up the book for more healthy recipes!
2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 white onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
3 jalepenos, seeded & chopped
1/3 cup chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 15-oz cans low fat, reduced sodium beef broth
1 28-oz can crushed tomatos
1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 15-oz can chili beans
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
1) Place a large pot over medium heat. Add ground turkey, onion, garlic, bell pepper, parsely, and jalepenos. Cook, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is no longer pink (about 8 minutes).
2) Stir in chili powder and cumin. Cook for another 2 minutes.
3) Add beef broth, tomatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil over high heat.
4) Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
5) Ladle a portion (about 1 1/2 cups) into each bowl and top with about a tablespoon of cheese.