Golden Pancakes (Makes 2 Servings)
Here’s a perfect breakfast recipe that will help get your day started right! This recipe makes 2 servings; plan ahead and make these before bed, then the next to mornings you have a healthy and tasty meal in minutes. This is a another BONUS recipe from “Eating for LIfe”, available at Spartan Fit Center, if you like this recipe, stop in and pick up the book for more healthy recipes!
1 cup uncooked whole-grain oats (non-instant)
6 egg whites
1 cup fat-free (or low-fat) cottage cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 packets sugar substitute (try Splenda or Stevia)
1/4 cup mixed berries
1) Lightly coat a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
2) In a blender, combine oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, & sugar substitute. Blend on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
3) Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, onto hot skillet. Cook pancake until bubbly on top and dry around edges, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook other side until golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
4) While pancakes are cooking, microwave maple syrup until warm, about 20 seconds.
5) Place a portion of pancakes on 2 separate plates. Top with warm maple syrup and mixed berries. Serve & enjoy!